• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Unclear about EXIF Data

Stefan

Hi,

I just started using your plugin on two websites, as a test drive. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I ha ve a question though, since I don't find the help clear enough ; it could also be my English level, but I have trouble understanding the settings for EXIF data. The documentation says that the plugin strips the EXIF data by default (which is what I want).

However, on the settings page, I see "leave the EXIF data" on by default, which I think means that the EXIF data remains. So, I'd like to know which is it: if on, is it stripped or does it remain within the picture?

And then second question, if i ran the optimization once already but with the wrong setting, do I need to run it again?

Thanks for your time and answer, looking forward to reading you.

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

However, on the settings page, I see "leave the EXIF data" on by default, which I think means that the EXIF data remains. So, I'd like to know which is it: if on, is it stripped or does it remain within the picture?
By default, the "Leave EXIF data" option is enabled. However, in the next update we will fix the default value for this parameter. Will be as in documentation.
Thank you for your attention.

And then second question, if i ran the optimization once already but with the wrong setting, do I need to run it again?
Certainly. If you want to remove EXIF data from images, you must run the optimization again

Last edited:

Stefan

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I'm off to run the optimization again then: doesn't matter really :)
You can mark this as closed/resolved.

Best regards,