• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Original Snippets won't stay deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I create a post or new snippet (it can occur with either), the original 3 snippets that came with the plugin reappear. I delete them completely only for them to reappear again. Another issue is that after I create a post, I am sometimes redirected to the About. That is when I find another 3 copies of the original snippets again. Please tell me how to stop this. It is getting really annoying.
*Update: I've added another screenshot after a short time that shows already 30 in trash with more to delete*

Attachments

Last edited:

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi,

Really unpleasant bug. How often you are redirected to the page about plugin?

Most likely this problem is related to caching. Could you check if Memcached Redux drop-in is installed?

1547816756383.png

Best regards, Alex

It doesn't seem to be a time thing, but more of a when I update content, posts, etc. Or if I make new ones. That's not to say I don't take longer with others, so I'm not sure. I just know that it is happening quite a bit. I've attached what I see in that area. I've been going through and finding replacements for certain plugins I have, this being one of them. I really like this plugin in too...outside of the issue. :)

Untitled.png

Just an update, since I started working on my site today ( a couple hours ago), I've been redirected several times and had to delete 51 of them.

Untitled.png

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Thank you for detailed bug report.

If this is possible, could you send a backup of your site so that I can reproduce the problem on my local server?

Or you can give access to the admin panel of your site?

I could fix it very quickly, as soon as I can understand why this happens on your site. You can send secret data to me in private messages on this forum or by email Support - Woody ad snippets - insert any code, text, or ads via using conditions

Best regards, Alex

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
I post this fix publicly, maybe someone else needs it.

1. Remove the old Woody ad snippets 2.1.7 plugin. If you have not turned on the "Complete Uninstall" option, all your snippets will remain, even after removing the plugin.

2. Install the new version of the plugin, I attached the archive with plugin to this post.

Please check if this solves bug for you? Then I will release a general update for all users.

Best regards, Alex

Attachments

Hi Alex,

I just wanted to let you know that I installed the plugin and haven't had this problem since yesterday. I did log on today to find that it had deactivated itself, but reactivated no problem. If it deactivates again, I will let you know. But for now, I see no other issues. :) Thank you so much for the fix!

**Update: it deactivated again on its own again. Please see screenshot below.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi,

It was my mistake, I gave you a plugin with another slug, so when updating the plugin, it could be deactivated.

Can you just reinstall plugin from the Wordpress repository?

1548098581637.png

I released an update and now, fixes for this error are available to all users.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards, Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.