• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Asset Manager Pro + Litespeed cache conflict issue – breaking add to cart button

Hello My emails seem to be getting ignored so I am posting a request here.
As the title says. The add to cart button breaks when Asset Manager “Pro” & Litespeed cache is enabled.
I have reset all Asset manager settings however as soon as I enable the plugin the add to cart button breaks and gets stuck in what appears to be a loop, if I refresh the page only then is the item added to the cart.
I hope to hear from someone soon otherwise I will have no option but to purchase another plugin elsewhere which defeats the point of me purchasing Asset Manager Pro “LIFETIME”. If resolving this is too much trouble for you I am happy to receive a full refund.

Forgot to mention. The FREE version of Asset Manager works without issues but obviously doesn't include the paid features.

Is it possible to for me to install Asset Manager (not clearfy) and use my Business licence?

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi, Lee

Sorry for the delay in reply. We have chaos because of the attack of hackers.

I answered you in the mail. We will try to fix the problem today.

Best regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for replying.

I created a test site for you however I thought I would just try some more checks before providing login details and after a little more testing I believe that the issue was that RIO and Litespeed Media optimization "Lazy Load" dont play nicely together. I disabled the Litespeed lazy load option and it really does seem to be the cause of the issue.

Please can you tell me does RIO have lazy load because I can not see an option to enable or disable it. Maybe its on by default?

Kind regards,

Lee

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi Alex,

Thank you for replying.

I created a test site for you however I thought I would just try some more checks before providing login details and after a little more testing I believe that the issue was that RIO and Litespeed Media optimization "Lazy Load" dont play nicely together. I disabled the Litespeed lazy load option and it really does seem to be the cause of the issue.

Please can you tell me does RIO have lazy load because I can not see an option to enable or disable it. Maybe its on by default?

Kind regards,

Lee
Hi, Lee

Great job, you found a bug! The Robin image optimzer plugin does not work with lazy loading plugins if you use the WebP image delivery mode via the <picture> tag. We planned lazy loading in future plugin features. You can try to choose another delivery mode, for example, via htaccess (for Apache) or if you use nginx, I can send you the code for your server configuration. But if none of the options suits you, unfortunately you have to wait for a solution to the problem in Robin image optimizer.

Best regards, Alex

On the live site I disabled Litespeed image optimization as explained above but cart buttons were still broken, I do recall also changing one other setting on the test site "Replace image URLs" option in RIO. Originally I had "Replace image URLs" but changed this to th .htaccess method so I repeated this on the live site and the buttons are working once again!

Does this sound possible or do you think there could be an underlying issue...

I just typed this then read your response so looks promising! :)

Hi Alex,

After all this it seems that selecting .htaccess method resolves the issues for me, I would never have thought that image settings would affect a frontend button..

Anyway i'd like to thank you for your assistance and also for providing these great plugins, keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Lee

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi, Lee

Thank you very much for taking the time to sort out the problem yourself. I am very glad that you like our plugin!

It seems to me an understandable problem, our plugin replaces image links if a delivery method using the picture tag or a direct replacement url is selected. Perhaps this led to an error in the "Lazy Load" plugin, if the plugin throws a JavaScript error, this may stop other JavaScript scripts from working on your page. Maybe I'm wrong, but it could happen.

The method of delivering webp images via htaccess replaces not the links, but the images themselves. In this case, you are not getting any errors. And this method is compatible with "Lazy Load".

Let me know if you have questions.

Best regards, Alex