• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED bbPress cache problem

exo

Hi,
Does anyone know of a solution to be able to use Clearfy and bbPress?
Even with JS/CSS caching turned off, and HTML optimisation - it causes a problem to bbPress to think you're not logged in.

As soon as I deactivate Clearfy it fixes the problem, and I've got most things turned off!
Is this a case it's just not compatible?

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hi,

Can I see what the problem looks like on your website? Give a link to the site. Can I sign up for it?

exo

Hi Artem,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've cloned the live site to a staging/sandbox area so you can have a look and see for yourself this bug in action, but I can't seem to find a PM or private post option here on your forums?
Any suggestions to how I send you such private details?

Temyk

Developer & Support
I found the cause. This is the "Automatically insert the Last Modified header" setting.
Probably on your server is configured caching, which works with the Last Modified header.
The solution is not to use this setting.

Check the work site and write if it helped.

exo

Thanks Artem, but where is that setting exactly?
I've looked in Advanced, Performance and Settings and can't see it.

And yes, quite a few hosting companies now include automatic caching if the header is configured to do so, so your answer does make sense!

Temyk

Developer & Support
In SEO tab

exo

LOL, the ONLY place I didn't look!
Thanks again for your help, love the plugin - and seriously considering the Pro version now for this and future projects.

All the best.