• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED How to use JS snippet

I'm trying to create a javascript snippet but it doesn't seem to want to work. I created a snippet that just has:
(function(){
document.write(5+6);
console.log("help");
})();

I have a shortcode of [wbcr_js_snippet id="483"]; which I place in a custom page:

Code:
<?php /* Template Name: swaghome */ ?>

<?php
require( '../../../wp-load.php' );
get_header(); ?>

<div id="primary" class="site-content">
        [wbcr_js_snippet id="483"];
        <div id="content" role="main">

<?php
            print_r($_POST);

if(isset($_POST["place"]) && $_POST["place"] === "foot") $place="foot";
            else if(isset($_POST["place"]) && $_POST["place"] === "involved")$place="involved";
            else $place="home";

echo $place;

?>

</div><!-- #content -->
    </div><!-- #primary -->

<?php
require( '../../../wp-load.php' );
get_footer();
?>
This will work if I set it to automatic insertion but trying to use the shortcode doesn't work

Last edited:

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

Shortcodes can be used only in the text of posts, pages and other WordPress materials. You are trying to use a shortcode in PHP code - it will not work.
You can use:
PHP:
do_shortcode("[wbcr_js_snippet id= '483']");
But using snippets and shortcodes in templates is wrong. You can write code in templates anyway. Why would you?

Hello.

Shortcodes can be used only in the text of posts, pages and other WordPress materials. You are trying to use a shortcode in PHP code - it will not work.
You can use:
PHP:
do_shortcode("[wbcr_js_snippet id= '483']");
But using snippets and shortcodes in templates is wrong. You can write code in templates anyway. Why would you?

Thanks, although echo do_shortcode("[wbcr_js_snippet id= '483']"); works fine in a template too. Why is it wrong?