• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION If the first image in the post is a Getty image embed code

Hello

I want to set the featured image by using Getty image embed codes.

I understand that the Auto Post Thumbnail plugin can set the featured image using the first image in the post. But I also understand that this is only if the first image in the post has been uploaded as a JPG or PNG file.

Is there anyway this plugin can set the featured image, even if the first image in the post is a Getty image embed code?

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

The plugin can't get the embed Getty image because there is no link to the image.

Temyk

Developer & Support
If there is no direct link to the image in the embed code, the plugin can't make to set the featured image. Send me your embed code

<a id='1Ah2bDDrQJp2FDpLXOFvFA' class='gie-single' href='Labour leader, Sir Keir Starmer and his wife Victoria Starmer applaud... News Photo - Getty Images' target='_blank' style='color:#a7a7a7;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal !important;border:none;display:inline-block;'>Embed from Getty Images</a><script>window.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'1Ah2bDDrQJp2FDpLXOFvFA',sig:'U4gT5tQLvVf1wVqfBcgiWCX_NBKe2W-WRBMADmfXQVM=',w:'594px',h:'396px',items:'1224873665',caption: true ,tld:'co.uk',is360: false })});</script><script src='//embed-cdn.gettyimages.com/widgets.js' charset='utf-8' async></script>

Temyk

Developer & Support
As you can see, there is no direct link to the image in the code, so the plugin can't find it and make it the featured image

Temyk

Developer & Support
As you can see, there is no direct link to the image in the code, so the plugin can't find it and make it the featured image