• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Image optimization: There were big changes in database schema. Please click here to upgrade it to the latest version

After clicking the link in the message, nothing happens. I opened the console and saw several errors.
I had already optimized all the images, now the graph shows that not optimized any
Image 1
img1.png

Image 2
img2.png

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Most likely this may be a php error. Are php logs enabled on your server?

All information send me a private message, do not lay out publicly.

Best regards, Alex

I can not wait for a solution. I have a blog running. I will need to redefine the plugin. I hope it's the last time.

Hi,

I reinstalled the image optimization module. I lost the backup, but I can live without it. I wanted the optimized images, they were already optimized. However, the newly reinstalled module did not know this, so I ran the optimization again and the module can not optimize beyond what was already optimized, and that's great because the images do not lose quality. This is almost a different way of getting to the same place if this bug had not happened.

Regards,
Eric

gtewks

I have the same issue: Immediately after upgrading today, the plugin no longer thinks that any of my images have been optimized (in fact hundreds of them are optimized).

NOTE: I have NOT yet done the database update since now I'm worried about what else might break if I do. This occurs immediately upon upgrading (1.5.0 to 1.5.3)

This leaves me with some issues:
- Can I be sure that the site is still using the optimized images?
- I have lost the ability to restore my images to their original size/quality and to re-optimize images to a different setting.
- Where are the originals stored?

Should I just leave everything alone and not touch anything until you have a fix?
Is there any way to reconnect the plugin with the originals again? Or restore the original images again?
Or maybe a way to revert the plugin back to it's previous version and data?

Will

Last edited:

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi,

Hi,

I reinstalled the image optimization module. I lost the backup, but I can live without it. I wanted the optimized images, they were already optimized. However, the newly reinstalled module did not know this, so I ran the optimization again and the module can not optimize beyond what was already optimized, and that's great because the images do not lose quality. This is almost a different way of getting to the same place if this bug had not happened.

Regards,
Eric
Bug fixed in release 1.3.6.
You could not help me with search for errors. I need to guess what the problem is. Therefore, I am inclined to think that your site has too little memory allocated for php scripts. Therefore, an attempt to transfer even 25 images leads to a memory error.

I upgrade error logging and reduced the quota for data migration, now images will be transferred by 5 for one ajax request. Perhaps I will know more about this bug.

I have the same issue: Immediately after upgrading today, the plugin no longer thinks that any of my images have been optimized (in fact hundreds of them are optimized).

NOTE: I have NOT yet done the database update since now I'm worried about what else might break if I do. This occurs immediately upon upgrading (1.5.0 to 1.5.3)

This leaves me with some issues:
- Can I be sure that the site is still using the optimized images?
- I have lost the ability to restore my images to their original size/quality and to re-optimize images to a different setting.
- Where are the originals stored?

Should I just leave everything alone and not touch anything until you have a fix?
Is there any way to reconnect the plugin with the originals again? Or restore the original images again?
Or maybe a way to revert the plugin back to it's previous version and data?
In case you come across this error you will not lose the data. You can lose data only if you remove the plugin through the WordPress admin panel. To be able to restore the images, you need to complete the migration or go back to the old version of the plugin 1.1.5.

The old version of the plugin can be downloaded from here:
https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/robin-image-optimizer.1.1.5.zip

Important! Do not delete the plugin through the WordPress admin panel if you want to save data and backup images. You need to delete the folder with the plugin via FTP or through the file manager of your hosting.

The folder with the plugin is here wp-content/plugins/robin-image-optimizer

P.S. I can quickly solve the problem on your site if you give me access to the WordPress admin panel. You can send me access private message on this forum.

Best regards, Alex