• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED no webp file generated for newly uploaded images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I found a couple of issues.

(1). For newly uploaded products, the new product images had been optimized, but there was no .webp file generated. To solve this problem, we had to go to the media library, restore the newly uploaded images, and re-optimized the images again one by one, then the .webp files were generated. I think I reported this issue 2 months ago, it appears the issue still exists.

(2). If we upload(FTP) the new images to the customized folder, the newly uploaded images were not optimized and no .webp file generated, even refresh the browser, the statistics (the unoptimized and optimized number) always keep unchanged. To work around this problem, we have to upload another image folder, and add that image folder to the customized folder section, and then run the optimization. And finally, move those optimized images and the.webp files to the desired image folder.

Next time if we need optimation again, first, we have to delete the old images from that temporary folder and remove this folder from customized folder section, after upload the new images, then add this folder again to the customized folder section and run optimization again. it is a very tedious process. If you can fix this problem, it would great relieve for us because we always have new images need to be optimized in the customized folder.

Thanks.

Bruce

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi, Bruce

Unfortunately, we have not yet resolved these issues. I understand your pain and will create a request for a refund, as our product does not meet the declared quality.

I apologize. You will receive a refund within 10 days.

Best regards, Alex

Hi,

I just see this post:

For newly uploaded products, the new product images had been optimized, but there was no .webp file generated.

It is problem with Woocommerce (product image) or for all image in wordpress?

And do you resolve this issue?

I test pro plugin on small website and will install it on 2 other bigs website with a lot of image, then if new image are not converted to webp it'll be a big problem for me.

No, there is no solution for this plugin. I chose another image optimizer - short pixel. Of course, you may try the others.

I used Short Pixel before, but if you change template you lose all image optimized and need to buy it again, it's expensive solution.

The author make incredible plugin, Clearfy is very usefull, i don't understand why he can't resolve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.