• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION problem with my conditional logic, or bug?

davidimh

Hi,

Thank you for an amazing plug-in and time-saver. I just found it today.

I'm not sure whether I'm understanding how to use your conditional logic correctly or if it's a bug.

I have a page structure like this:

/members/dashboard/​
/members/introduction/​
/members/updates/​
/members/welcome-back/​
/members/module1/abc1/​
/members/module1/abc2/​
/members/module2/xyz1/​
/members/module1/xyz2/​
/members/module1/xyz3/​

I want to add a text snippet after a certain paragraph # in all pages in the 'members' hierarchy, except 'dashboard' and 'welcome...'. In other words, in this example, added to all pages with 'module#' as well as 'introduction' and 'updates'.

My execution logic is (THANK YOU for nested logic!):
  • Show IF: Display On IF
    • Current Page - Contains - members AND
      • Current Page - Doesn't Contain - dashboard OR
      • Current Page - Doesn't Contain - welcome
Yet the text appears on ALL pages in the 'members' hierarchy. (It correctly doesn't appear elsewhere.)

Am I missing something?

Many thanks for the power of this plug-in and for offering support for it.

Best,

David

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi, David

Try to remove the slash at the beginning and end of the line.

Code:
members/dashboard
members/introduction
We will try to make it more clearly in the new version of the plugin.

Best regards, Alex

davidimh

Thanks for the reply Alex.

Sorry for the confusion. That's just an example of my page structure (i.e. https://domain.com/members/dashboard).

The way I've got the conditional logic configured is to exclude ("doesn't contain") by a keyword (i.e. "dashboard") and I'm not using a prepended slash there (or quote marks). That's the second part of the AND (which includes two keywords using OR).

The first part of the AND is to include ("contains") by keyword all pages in the relevant "root" of the page structure (in this case "members").

This is not urgent for me. I just wanted to get it sorted out so I can use it confidently in the future. I appreciate all you're doing.

Best,

David