• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Up to 15 versions of image uploaded to gallery?

Hello! For some reason, when I upload and image to wordpress gallery, up to 15 versions of it are made and my file manager uploads folder. That is causing my site to be HUGE since I have several thousand photos in there. See attached screen shot.

How can I prevent that from happening? I've been unable to find any settings that would repair that.

Secondly, is there a simple way to remove all the extra images I'll never use?

Thank you!

Attachments

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

The Robin plugin is not to blame, since it does not create new images, it only optimizes existing ones.
WordPress automatically creates thumbnails for uploaded images. There are 15 thumbnails registered on your site.

I uploaded one image yesterday and it showed up in file manager at 9 different sized. Then I deactivated Robin and uploaded the same image. Only one was uploaded. What I'm wanting to figure out is how to upload one optimized image?? Something is causing multiple images to be created with this and I'm stumped? Are there different settings within Robin I can work with? Thank you!

Update.....Curiosity!!! I went back to file manager and noticed that the "one" image it uploaded yesterday has since expanded to multiple versions of that image, maybe 9 different sized. Is there a way to change that? Thank you!

Last edited:

Temyk

Developer & Support
WordPress automatically creates thumbnails of images. Thumbnails are registered by plugins and themes.
The Robin plugin does not register its thumbnails.