• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BUG Images randomly go missing after a day or so

I can write a blog entry and all the images are displayed fine, but after a few days maybe 1 in 4 images goes missing. Missing as in the physical file isn't there in the uploads folder anymore. There are optimized ones and various sizes of the image but the code in the post references a file no longer available.

This doesn't happen on all images, just in content ones. I've gotten to the point that on important images I may upload the image to a separate domain and then add the img tag and src the image from the other domain. There is no hotlink protection on on my site. I used to have Jetpack but removed it a couple months ago. No other image plugins are on the site.

In the media gallery there is still a square for each image, just the missing ones dont display.

Webcraftic Robin Image Optimizer is what I use to optimize images.

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi,

Try to deactivate the plugin Robin image optimizer and follow your site. If nothing changes, then most likely the problem is not related to our plugin, otherwise we will search for the problem in the plugin Robin image optimizer.

But I need your help to investigate the problem.

Let me know when you have the results of monitoring your site.

Best regards, Alex

Hi, so update ... I have the image plugin deactivated, has been a few days. I havent had any images disappear since. I'll likely add another article or a test page today and see if that continues to stick...all I've really done here is deactivate the one plugin though. Images that had been lost remain lost...but I expect that since the file has been removed.