• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Re-run Optimizer?

ericks

Hello, I am using your free version of the image compression plugin. I had been using the lossless compression level until now that I decided to move to the lossy compression level. I noticed, however, that there's no way to re-run the process to make the change to all the previous pictures that have been optimized. Is there any way to do this?

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

To re-optimize images, you need to restore the backup and start the optimization again.

You can find information about this in the FAQ section on the plugin page:
1584683193421.png

ericks

I followed your instructions, but weirdly, after trying to optimize for an even more compressed level of optimization (trying lossy now, to achieve better savings than with lossless) the overall savings are less than with lossless. Why do you think that is? could it be a bug? For example, a file that had been optimized to lossless first saved 90% of the file size and after attempting to achieve better results with lossy, it only saved 86%.

Please advice,

Temyk

Developer & Support
Make sure that all files are optimized. Most likely, some files were not optimized for some reason, and therefore the percentage of savings is lower