• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION Robin image optimizer question

nessi

Hi,
I'm writing, because I'm using your plugin "Robin image optimizer" and I wanted to discuss one thing. It's about storing original images on server. I saw that all thumbanils are also stored on the server. I wanted to know if storing original thumbnails is necessary. I'm newbie when it comes to how wordpress works from the inside, but is there a way to generate these thumbanils when optimizing and restoring image? This way they don't ahve to be stored. Ability to easly restore uncompressed version of images is crucial for me, but the thing s that I have lots of them on my server.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
Mateusz Nosal
Kunicki Design

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

I didn't quite understand your question.

nessi

Hello,
so the main thing that concern me is storing original and compressed thumbnails on server.
There is option "Optimize thumbnails" in settings tab where you can select thumbnails to optimization. And when i compress a picture with Robin Optimizer, copy of these images is stored on server. Since I've got many pictures on my server these different sized images take lot of place and plugin doubles up their amount.

Because thumbnails are generated by wordress when uploading image I was wondering if it's possible to not store them, but gemerate them again but based on compressed original image.

The steps for this process would be like that:
Optimize picture -> remove old thumbnails -> generate them again but based on optimized picture

Temyk

Developer & Support
The backup is stored completely so that it can be restored quickly. According to your scheme, thumbnails will be created for a long time.

If you don't have enough space on the server, disable backups