• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Snippet not processed when inside script URL source attribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCF

Here's the markup of my page:

Code:
<div id="appContainer">Loading, please wait&#8230;</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//[wbcr_php_snippet id='8161'].cristinanetwork.org/includes/js/mloader.ncf?linkid=11"></script>
And the PHP code for that snippet:

Code:
if (preg_match("/dev\./i",$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) { echo "proto"; } else { echo "www"; }
So you can see it just detects whether the code is being called in a development environment (based on the subdomain) and outputs an appropriate subdomain for the src attribute of the JavaScript block.

Why does the snippet not get processed in this scenario? If I pull it outside the src="" it gets processed fine.

Help is appreciated...

-b

Kirill

Support team
Hello

It looks like WordPress prevents injection in script tag.
I suggest a workaround:

HTML:
[wbcr_php_snippet id='8161']

<script type="text/javascript" src="//%s.cristinanetwork.org/includes/js/mloader.ncf?linkid=11"></script>

[/wbcr_php_snippet]
Snippet:
PHP:
if (preg_match("/dev\./i",$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])) { $subdomain =  "proto"; } else { $subdomain =  "www"; }

echo sprintf($content, $subdomain);

Note. $content variable contains text between shortcode tags.

Best regards

NCF

That worked great, thank you for the quick and effective technical support. I did not realize that snippets/shortcodes worked quite like that. Very informative...

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.