• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION Still Getting Hacked

briannie

I have used your plugin to hide the login page and it certainly has done that. Using /wp-admin or /wp-login will return a /404 which is fine and yet someone using the IP address 5.188.84.186 is still able to find my login page and attempt to get in.
The IP Address above is shown on Google to be a Russian address whose abuse level is 100%. The secret login page I am using is the conjunction of a number of words known only to me and not found in any dictionary.
Have you any idea how the hacker, who is clearly a professional at this, has been able to find a back door to your plugin?

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

If someone broke into our plug-in, such cases would be frequent. However, you are the only one with this problem. Most likely, the hacker still picked up the address of the login page.

briannie

OK Thank you for the reply and I'll change the page name to see if that resplves it. On a slightly different subject, updating to 1.1.1 then gives me a message when trying to amend the settings "you are not authorised to view this screen" (they may not be the exact words) The only solution is to delete the plugin and reinstall it. This problem is on all my websites where I update to the latest version.