• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BUG Website briefly shows a stripped down version of the page before loading the full page

Since configuring the plugin I am now seeing my website show a stripped-down version of a page before it loads the complete page. This happens on all pages when they are loaded, but is only visible for a split second.

Also, this does not go away if a page is loaded multiple times, so it seems this is not something that is cached and so won't go away.
I have now only ticked the "Absolutely Safe" options. I suspect this might be due to a CSS issue with the theme (Avada) but before I start playing with the plugin's CSS options I thought I would ask here:)

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to stop it happening. Thanks.

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

This almost certainly depends on the theme and CSS settings in the plugin. CSS files load more slowly than the page itself

lesvisible

Thanks, Temyk, That helps me to narrow down the problem. Is there anything I can do in the plugin to stop this. This site uses the Avada theme which is used by over 1/2 million people so maybe you have some tips or there are some others on the forum who have experienced this and overcome the issue.
Thanks again for your reply.

Temyk

Developer & Support
To narrow it down try disabling CSS minification

lesvisible

I Hi Temyk,

I don't have the minification enabled. For safety, I only enabled all things with a green (safe) icon next to them.

Temyk

Developer & Support
In General, this is normal browser behavior: start displaying pages while they are loading. To solve this problem, themes have a page loading stub. You can also view plugins for critical CSS

lesvisible

Thanks, but my site is loading the text first, also it looks like after a split second a new window is opened rather than the same window simply loading part of the page and then the remainder. Thanks for all your suggestions.