• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RESOLVED Is .webp format compatible with slider plugins?

garryw

I have a question before I purchase your premium version. I want to convert my images to webp. Will the images be compatible with slider plugins such as Advanced LayerSlider and Slider Revolution? Does your plugin swap out image URLs correctly using filter hooks so that webp images can be correctly used by these sliders? Most webp plugins simply modify the source code without regard to custom attributes, rendering the generated webp incompatible with slider plugins.

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Hi,

I understand what you are talking about. Our plugin uses several methods for delivering webp images. In your case, delivery through the server configuration is needed. If you use an apache server, you can choose a delivery method through htaccess. Your images will be replaced at the server level, that is, the plugin will not change links and break your plugin, the plugin will simply replace the images using the capabilities of your server. It is fast and very effective. If you have an apache + nginx server, then this plugin will not suit you. If you use nginx, I can give you the code to configure the server, but we have not finished the instructions for nginx.

Best regards, Alex