• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION Restore problem of Wordpress Woody Snippets

rael999

Hi

I have restored my website from a backup copy from months ago, as development had been put on hold for the last 7 months, but I missing most of my Woody Snippets, the restore has extracted about 28 from around 100 snippets. Can anyone advise me where the snippets are stored on the MySQL database and/or elsewhere in the filesystem.

I can see there are entries in the wp_posts table, but I cannot see where the main content of the snippet is stored.

I have an exported copy of the MySQL database at the time of mothballing the website. I also have a full backup compressed tar archive of the file system.

I am getting a bit desperate, so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards

Colin

Last edited:

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

Snippets are stored in a custom post type wbcr-snippets in the wp_posts table. Snippet code in the post_content field.

rael999

Hi Temyk

Many thanks for your help, so I have an export file of the website MySQL database and all its tables including the wordpress tables, all held under one database name, when the site was mothballed.

So to confirm all the Woody Snippet data is held in one wordpress table wp_posts, thanks.

In order to restore the Snippets, could I rename the wp_posts table in the database and then import the exported MySQL file to the database. The wp_posts should be in step with the existing tables. The most important thing is that I am able to retrieve the Woody Snippets, all other aspects of the site could be rebuilt if required.

Is there no Woody Snippet data in the wp_postmeta table as suggested elsewhere.

I will inspect my wp_posts table in light of your comments.

Many Thanks

Colin

Temyk

Developer & Support
The postmeta table stores the snippet settings.

rael999

Hi Temyk

Thanks for the information, I am scheduling an update with my hosting provider, so hopefully that will reinstate the website to its former state.

Best regards

Colin