• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BUG Unable to disable plugins or plugin assets in Oxygen editor

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

The Oxygen editor opens in an iframe, so you can't disable scripts or styles in it using Assets Manager.
This is how Oxygen works.

Oxygen editor has two components - a regular page and an iframe.

I am wondering why Clearfy is unable to stop the specified plugin's assets from loading on the page, if not the iframe. Screenshot: cc96b959aaa48f8b8f6f57702201fcd6.png

The editor page can be targetted via PHP like so: if ( defined( 'SHOW_CT_BUILDER' ) ) {

The iframe of the editor can be targetted via PHP like so: if ( defined( 'OXYGEN_IFRAME' ) ) {

It is possible to prevent scripts from loading in the Oxygen editor (both editor page and iframe) using other plugins/methods like Advanced Scripts and Editor Enhancer Pro.

You can try a demo install of Oxygen in the sandbox, Oxygen - The Ultimate Visual Site Builder for WordPress.

Can you add an option to specify our own custom PHP condition that evaluates to a true or false for the scripts loading exclusion rules?

Last edited:
Had a developer look into this. Here's what he said:

"Basically they are testing just the part of the URL without the query strings

so for example

/?ct_builder=true&ct_inner=true

they sanitize it to just /

they remove all the query string parts

that's why you can't target Oxygen with it"

I asked him, if the query strings are removed for security reasons and he added:

"no, they just do it because they wanted to only get the actual path not the full request URI

IMO, they should include an option to filter based on query strings too
"

Can you please consider adding an option to filter by query strings?

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
Had a developer look into this. Here's what he said:

"Basically they are testing just the part of the URL without the query strings

so for example

/?ct_builder=true&ct_inner=true

they sanitize it to just /

they remove all the query string parts

that's why you can't target Oxygen with it"

I asked him, if the query strings are removed for security reasons and he added:

"no, they just do it because they wanted to only get the actual path not the full request URI

IMO, they should include an option to filter based on query strings too
"

Can you please consider adding an option to filter by query strings?
Well. We will make script exceptions based on query string parameters. Please look forward to the update!

alexkovalev

Program developer
Staff member
We are preparing an update for the Clearfy plugin, it is now possible to disable scripts by query string parameters. Download the beta version of the plugin from the link below, disable the editor script and configure the conditional logic as I have in the screenshot:
1617016663817.png

Download url: http://clearfy.pro/clearfy-free-1.8.8.zip

Let me know if this works for you or not.