• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION What should the Current Referrer value be when coming from homepage?

I'm trying to have tracking code only show up on the results page when the user has come from the form on the homepage.
In Conditional execution logic section I'm using the 'Current Referrer' but can't get it to show the snippet.
I've tried a referrer value of https:// domain .com, / and the slug value but nothing works.
I can see the referrer using console is set to "https:// domain .com"I've even tried setting the Current Referrer to 'Doesn't Equal' nothing but can't get it to display.
Any ideas?

Last edited:

Temyk

Developer & Support
Hello.

When using the referrer, your code will be displayed on all pages that you go to from the main page. And not just on the result page.
For the main page, use /

Hi @Temyk
The site only has a homepage and a 'thank you' page following form submission so we're OK with the code displaying on 'all' pages visited from the main page.
I tried / but it appear to show. I suspect 'view source' reloads the source with no referrer?

Temyk

Developer & Support
so we're OK with the code displaying on 'all' pages visited from the main page.
If you have only two pages and both open from the main page, then why do you need a referrer? Insert the snippet just everywhere.

We need some tracking code to appear on the 'thank you' page BUT only if they've arrived there from the home page form. We currently have some direct hits on the 'thank you' page which are messing our stats up so want to hide the tracking code for these direct hits.

Temyk

Developer & Support
I do not know what is happening with the referrer on your site. But you can add a GET parameter to the "Thank you" page link and check it in the snippet code