• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

QUESTION If the first image in the post is a Getty image embed code

Hello

I want to set the featured image by using Getty image embed codes.

I understand that the Auto Post Thumbnail plugin can set the featured image using the first image in the post. But I also understand that this is only if the first image in the post has been uploaded as a JPG or PNG file.

Is there anyway this plugin can set the featured image, even if the first image in the post is a Getty image embed code?

Temyk

Support team
Staff member
Hello.

The plugin can't get the embed Getty image because there is no link to the image.

Temyk

Support team
Staff member
If there is no direct link to the image in the embed code, the plugin can't make to set the featured image. Send me your embed code

<a id='1Ah2bDDrQJp2FDpLXOFvFA' class='gie-single' href='Labour leader, Sir Keir Starmer and his wife Victoria Starmer applaud... News Photo - Getty Images' target='_blank' style='color:#a7a7a7;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal !important;border:none;display:inline-block;'>Embed from Getty Images</a><script>window.gie=window.gie||function(c){(gie.q=gie.q||[]).push(c)};gie(function(){gie.widgets.load({id:'1Ah2bDDrQJp2FDpLXOFvFA',sig:'U4gT5tQLvVf1wVqfBcgiWCX_NBKe2W-WRBMADmfXQVM=',w:'594px',h:'396px',items:'1224873665',caption: true ,tld:'co.uk',is360: false })});</script><script src='//embed-cdn.gettyimages.com/widgets.js' charset='utf-8' async></script>

Temyk

Support team
Staff member
As you can see, there is no direct link to the image in the code, so the plugin can't find it and make it the featured image

Temyk

Support team
Staff member
As you can see, there is no direct link to the image in the code, so the plugin can't find it and make it the featured image